Thursday, July 16, 2009

Will you still love me...

So I was watching Letterman last night and Paul McCartney was the guest (both interview and musical). Turns out he played a mini-concert on top of The Late Show marquee. What?! I can't believe I didn't know about this! I totally would have gone! It's like 3 blocks from me too. I will be sick about that for the rest of my life.
I love The Beatles. I love Elvis and Michael Jackson too. Sue me. All of them have memories attached from my life to their songs.
I was about 15 when The Beatles Anthology was broadcast on ABC. It was right around Thanksgiving. All my family was in town (brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews), and we all watched as a family each night. It was bonding.
My brother is 17 years older than me; he was always my hero. He was a real Beatles fan, and I felt more connected to him by liking them too.
That's what makes pop phenomenon like the Fab Four great. It's not just the musical value (although high), it's the warmth we feel when thinking back on those memories. Unless of course you were beaten without mercy every time "Hey, Jude" played.

Headlines are good:

30 Rock got over 20 Emmy nominations today. Amazing, 30 Rock gets just enough audience to stay on air, yet Transformers 2 is one of the biggest box office hits ever.

David and Courtney Arquette have both signed on for Scream 4. When asked if he was going to sign on too, Liev Schrieber laughed and said, "Sorry guys, I actually have had a career since then."

Even though his character has been dead for awhile, expect Jamie Kennedy to try and weasel his way into Scream 4.

Amy Whinehouse has been granted a divorce. Aw really? Things were looking so bright before that.

Here's part of what I missed:





Tomorrow: No post tomorrow, shooting a short film. For Monday give your thoughts on the black summer campers getting kicked out of the "white-friendly" pool in Philly. I'll talk about it at the top of the week.

1 comment:

Abbi Crutchfield said...

"David and Courtney Arquette have both signed on for Scream 4. When asked if he was going to sign on too, Liev Schrieber laughed heartily and put his arm around Naomi Watts."

Thoughts on racist country club:
We have already talked about it at great length, but I think the real tragedy is none of the kids had time to pee in the pool.

Visitors